April 13, 2010

I Maintain A Panda Bear Shape

I rarely update, and I need to more. I didn't go to class today and I've been on the internet for longer than I usually am (during the day when I'm wide awake), which is nice. Here's some stuff I've been viciously chewing on lately


Great fucking great band. Underrated female genius. I want to be this bassist. Well, not really because she is rather scary looking, but I would like to play like her. [Apologies for the 20 seconds of silence at the end? Thanks whoever made that, it really captures the essence of sound.]




Fllom Jpan!!!!!!! The Plastics. I fucking love this band. Now I see where Polysics gets it. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Why wasn't I born when they were performing? Damn the world. At least I have them now. This album is so fucking good. Every minute of it. Also, best video ever?? I love the guitars connected to those wobbly stands. And my favorite part is about 51 seconds in, really fast cut of her wearing make up and then not wearing make-up. Ah how I long to be this band... in Japan.. oh man..




Mm... this band. This is what would happen if Talking Heads and Violent Femmes had a child who listened to Led Zeppelin and The Kinks. There's even a little X in there. Me and Alan talked about this. It's too bad this is really their only good album.. but it's so worth it. There is a 10 minute song (epically) titled after the album, and it's just so damn good. Drugs in the summer.. I think that's another good description of this band. This case is closed.



And finally, one gem I just watched. Nothing to do with music, just laughter.

1 comment:

  1. stellar post, holy crap.

    first things first. sam jaffe sat me down last week and showed me a ton of between two ferns. mind? blown. hilarity? ensued. then again i'd never seen drunk history before either so it was an educational day.

    y'know i borrowed marquee moon from nathan years ago and i didn't get into it. listening to this track now--which is exactly, exactly how you described it--is amazing to me. sounds like everything i like, with a little something extra. i feel a fool.

    the other 2 songs i am a complete stranger to, but i loved them. especially the plastics. but ESPECIALLY the mo-dettes. but especially the plastics video.

    POST MORE OFTEN PLEASE

    ReplyDelete